Can’t find the best brake pads for ford f150 4×4? Your search ends here. All Ford f150 owners know that they have the best vehicle. It is extremely powerful.
So, it must be stopped quickly and safely, irrespective of the terrain you are driving on. This is when brake pads come into play.
Often, we take our car brakes for granted, especially if they are working fine. But braking is the key to driving.
When it comes to brake, it is all about the rotor and the brake pad. It arguably handles the toughest job.
As the brake pedal is depressed, the components of the system work together through hydraulic pressure for pushing the brake pad against the rotor.
This, in turn, forces the car to slow down. Brake pads are relatively small but are one of the most important components of a car.
What is the best brake pads and rotors for ford f150 4×4?
Power Stop K3167-36 Z36 is one of the best f150 brake pads there is.
It has high-quality parts and is created using carbon-fiber ceramic that enhances the strength of the ceramic brake pad compound. So, it can conveniently handle heavier loads.
So, if you are planning to replace or upgrade your brake pads for ford f150, make sure you choose the highest performing pads within your budget.
We know that the options can be overwhelming. Thus, we have compiled an all-inclusive guide to help you make the right choice.
Without further ado, let’s dive in to find out the top brake pads for the Ford f150, and the factors to consider while choosing the right product.
Top 10 Best Brake Pads for Ford F150 4×4
01. Power Stop K3167-36 Z36 Truck & Tow Front Brake Kit: Great upgrade with great stopping power
- Zinc-plated exterior
- Rotors of G3000 metallurgy
- Precision drill holes
- Silicone lubricants
- DTV tolerance
- High-temperature EPDM rubber
The Power Stop Z36 Truck & Tow Performance brake kit comes with top-quality parts for industrious but predictable speed.
Also, the carbon-fiber ceramic structure ensures extreme performance. It has been designed to suit trucks.
The manufacturer uses low dust formula that blends with the carbon strands. Hence, it gives a strong compound blend.
It can cease power without impeding the user’s drivability. All these contribute to eliminating dusty brake pads that improve the car’s performance.
The manufacturer tests the brakes to ensure they don’t create any annoying sounds.
Its rotors have been drilled for maintaining low temperatures during extreme braking.
Also, the rotors are slotted for sweeping away debris for consistent pad contact. The Carbon Fiber Ceramic friction lets you push the rig to the limit, confidently.
The electrostatic high-heat powder-coat of the brake pads prevents rust and corrosion. So, the calipers are durable in the long run.
The brake kit has superior fade-free stopping power that is crucial for hauling and towing applications.
This ford f150 brake pads and rotors come with upgraded stainless-steel hardware, high-temperature brake lubricant, and pin bushings.
- Doesn’t create embarrassing noise
- Carbon-Fiber ceramic formula ensures increased brake power
- Direct bolt-on for replacing OEM brakes
- No brake dust
- Cheaper and more durable alternatives are available
02. Bosch BC1414 QuietCast Premium Ceramic Disc Brake Pad Set: Budget friendly and good quality brakes
- OE style rubber core shim
- 2025 Copper-Free Legislation compliant
- Synthetic lubricant included
- Advanced ceramic friction formula
- Bosch hardware kit included
Bosch engineers to create premium ceramic brake that ensures exceptional stopping abilities.
The brake operates quietly with low dust. It is one of the best f150 brake pads to get if you are a quality brake pad enthusiast.
In addition, the brake is 100% copper-free and its OE style fit is sure to impress the users.
Bosch QuietCast Premium Ceramic Disc Brake Pad Set promises durability.
The rubber core of brake pads ensures that it will last longer than the other products on the market.
It comes with a transfer covering that serves as an extra protective layer for the pads.
What makes it stand out from the rest is the advanced aerospace alloy. It makes sure that the brake material can withstand maximum pressure.
The brake pad set has chamfers and slots for a top-quality fit.
Also, improved manufacturing techniques are used to create a long-lasting high-quality shim. This results in increased strength and lower noise.
QuietCast Premium Brake Pads by Bosch takes the brake pad technology to a whole new level. It uses the best pre-attached core shims technology.
- An affordable option
- DIY brake job
- Quiet and smooth operation
- The protective transfer layer ensures durability
- Low brake dust
- Can cause little noise after extended usage
03. Power Stop K6271-36 Rear Z36 Truck & Tow Brake Kit
- Z36 carbon-fiber ceramic pads
- Drilled and slotted rotors
- Stainless steel pad shims
- Zinc plated rotor
- Bolt-on upgrade
Power Stop K6271-36 Rear Z36 Truck & Tow Brake Kit has superior stopping power. It is ideal for those that haul, as well as off-road enthusiasts.
Whenever you tow a trailer or haul a load, you change the operating conditions of the stock brake package.
These operating conditions might exceed the stock braking component’s ability.
Power Stop kit comes with perfectly matched components created to ensure brake torque that is required due to the rise in load or wheel diameter.
The rotors are drilled and slotted. It can reduce heat and adding extra stopping power to the breaks.
So, it halts your Ford F150 quickly. Its superior fade-free stopping power helps with hauling and towing applications.
The ceramic formula is reinforced with carbon fibers to handle the increased heat.
Its Power Stop carbon-fiber pads are designed with a no-dust formulation. Also, with this, you don’t have to worry about embarrassing noise.
The brake pad has silver zinc plating that looks great behind the wheels. It also prevents corrosion and rust.
- Low dust
- Doesn’t cause embarrassing noise
- Carbon-Fiber Ceramic formula increases brake power
- Drill holes ensure maximum cooling
- Rust faster than other brake pads
04. ACDelco 18A1627A Advantage Non-Coated Rear Disc Brake Rotor:Best rotors for f150
- Made of multiple alloys
- Quality validated for proper metallurgy
- Rounded radius
- Application-based vane configuration
ACDelco 18A1627A Advantage Disc Brake Rotors offer reliable vehicle braking power.
Its application-specific vane configuration ensures optimum performance and safety. the brake pad has been manufactured with multiple alloys.
When you get ACDelco brake pads, you can rest assured that the parts have been expertly engineers to strict tolerance and tested thoroughly by ACDelco name.
it is one of the best brake pads for 2013 ford f150 4×4 that is not only durable but also highly effective.
Its design dampens vibration and noise, maximizing airflow for keeping the rotor running cool.
The brake has a non-directional ground finish reducing thickness variation.
This is what makes the brake pad durable. It comes with all the required instructions and instructions that make it easy to install.
“However, the brake pad doesn’t have threaded holes near the lug hole for easy removal.”
- Easier to install
- Suitable for many vehicles
- An affordable option
- Multiple alloys improve performance
- No threaded holes near the lug hole
05. Power Stop K1943 Front Z23 Carbon Fiber Brake
- Zinc plated exterior
- Uses Carbon-Fiber Ceramic Z23
- Multi-layer rubberized shims
- Drilled and slotted rotors
- Low dust braking
Yes, yet another Power Stop product on our list. The manufacturer appears to be on a mission to deliver a convenient way for drivers to upgrade their brakes.
The Power Stop K1943 Front Z23 Carbon Fiber Brake comes with everything you need.
The carbon-fiber formula that the manufacturer uses can significantly improve braking performance in comparison to ceramic brake pads.
Third-party tests in LA validate its low dust braking technology. It keeps those wheels looking great as you bid goodbye to nasty brake dust.
The braking pad has double layer high-temperature rubberized shims to insulate noise. Thus, users can enjoy noiseless breaking.
The rotors are drilled and slotted to ensure maximum cooling. Since they are zinc-plated, they offer maximum protection against rust.
Power Stop rotors have the finest G3000 metallurgy with stringent OE tolerance. This makes it an ideal bolt-on upgrade without requiring any modifications.
The brake pad, rotor, and hardware have been designed to work together. Hence, it increases stopping power, eliminates dust, and improves durability.
Moreover, the manufacturer creates products for a big brake feel at an affordable price. It can be one of the best brake pads for 2013 ford f150 4×4 models.
- Noise-free brakes
- Dust-free formulation
- Improved brake power
- Zinc plating prevents corrosion and rust
- Requires a professional to be installed
06. Atmansta QPD10039 Front Brake Kit
- Cross-drilled and slotted rotors
- Direct fitment
- Ceramic pads
- High-pressure diecast
- Compatible with open-wheel designs
Atmansta QPD10039 Front Brake kit is not just one of the best f150 brake pads on the list but also the oldest.
The brand has been selling car components since 2017. They are known for their good performance and superior-quality brakes for Ford F150 and other cars.
Atmansta QPD10039 Front Brake Kit comes with two front brake pads and front rotors. Its rotors have been cross-drilled and slotted to promote airflow.
So, even in aggressive driving conditions, the brakes in the truck remain cool. Its construction and material make it a unique product in the market.
They use a high-pressure diecast to design their brake pad. So, they are strong and durable.
The braking pad is created using ceramic pads to reduce noise. It generates lesser dust in comparison to the other products in the market.
Hence, it is compatible with the new open-wheel designs. It can offer smoother breaking without hampering the rotors.
If you are looking for reliable ford f150 brake pads and rotors for your Ford, this can be it.
- The unique construction ensures better performance
- Available at an affordable price
- Deliver smooth braking without hurting rotors
- Ceramic pads reduce noise
- Doesn’t come with instructions
07. Detroit Axle – 4WD Front Disc Rotors + Ceramic Brake Pads Brake Kit
- 2 Grade Brake Rotors
- 2 Ceramic Brake Pad Kit
- Compatible with F150 4×4 models
- Zinc-plated rotors
- Ceramic brake pads
In case you want a complete overhaul of your truck’s braking system, you can consider Detroit Axle – 4WD Front Disc Rotors + Ceramic Brake Pads Brake Kit.
The set comes with dual front disc rotors, ceramic brake pads, and dual rear disc rotors.
With this set of ford f150 brake pads and rotors, you are going to notice a big improvement in your Ford F150 4×4’s braking performance.
It comes with rotors that are zinc plated. So, it prevents corrosion and rust. The brake pads are long-lasting.
The strong construction and precise layering eliminate the need for initial break-in periods.
Detroit Axle Braking Pads improve braking performance and makes sure you enjoy a smoother ride.
The OE quality promises to offer 20% more than a regular rotor with optimum braking.
Even though it comes at an affordable price, it has everything you need.
The carbon-ceramic brake is more reliable than other materials in the market. It is one of the best brake pads for 2013 ford f150 4×4 if you are low on budget.
- Improves braking performance and durability
- Affordable braking pad upgrade
- Doesn’t require modification for most vehicles
- Zinc-plated rotors prevent rust and corrosion
- Might require drilling for installation
- Resin matrix hybrid ceramic pads can warp over time
08. TRW Automotive TPC1414 Disc Brake Pad Set
- Mirrors OE
- Optimum friction formulation
- Bonded Nitrile rubber-coated steel shims
- Includes hardware and grease
- Includes slots and chamfers
TRW Automotive TPC1414 Disc Brake Pad Set can provide your car with incredible braking performance in any driving condition.
The brake pads are chamfered and slotted. It offers better stopping power. The product comes with all hardware accessories. This ensures safe and professional installation.
The ceramic brake pads are designed using a vehicle-optimized friction formulation. It focuses on eliminating noise, harshness, and vibration.
The construction increases durability and ensures smooth braking actions. While giving you the safest stops, it emphasizes dust reduction.
The disc brake pads by TRW are coated with Coating Innovation Technology or CITEC. It is an in-house technology that reduces the braking distance covered in the first few stops.
The advanced coating makes sure there is better contact between the pad is changed. The advanced coating makes sure there is better contact between the pad and the disc.
It is created as per the OE standards. The ceramic brake pads deliver fadeless performance to counteract heat created in heavy traffic.
Like all TRW products, this too is taken under ‘Safety Strapline’. The manufacturer never compromises on this.
All these ascertain that you can really trust TRW to offer superior ceramic brake pads to provide the ultimate braking experience.
- Doesn’t create excessive noise
- Smoother and safer braking performance
- Focuses on dust reduction
- Provides all necessary accessories for quick installation
- Casting on the backplate is of poor quality
09. Power Stop Z23-2087, Z23 Carbon-Fiber Ceramic Front Brake Pad Set
- Carbon-fiber ceramic brake pads
- Chamfered and slotted
- Low-dust ceramic formula
- Tested for noise-free braking
- Grease and hardware kit included
Seems like the list is dominated by all Power Stop braking pads! But Power Stop truly stands out from the rest. It is made of conventional ceramic pads that are powerful.
If you want to get the most out of your truck without sacrificing your everyday drivability, this can be it. The pads resist fades up to higher temperatures than OEM pads. It uses low-dust ceramic formula reinforced using carbon fibers for strengthening the compound and offering strong stopping power.
The carbon fiber pad comes with a dust-free formulation. So, you can bid goodbye to brake dust. In fact, users have reported a major reduction in a build-up on the pad alloys, which is usually a great concern when it comes to heavy vehicles. The manufacturer tests the pads to make sure they are noise-free.
In the kit, users will find premium stainless-steel hardware and carbon fiber ceramic for easy installation. No matter the Ford F150 model you have, the brake pads can be installed easily.
- Suitable for all Ford F150 model
- Carbon fiber ensures durability
- Efficient in reducing noise and dust
- Easier to install
- Affordable alternatives are available
10. Power Stop S4974 Performance Caliper
- Electrostatic powder paint
- 100% pressure tested
- High-temperature EPDM
- Directly bolting caliper
- Red powder-coating
- Silicone lubricant on caliper pins
We are going to end our list of best brake pads for Ford F150 with another product from Power Stop.
The caliper has electrostatic powder paint that prevents corrosion. The brake calipers have been created using the enthusiasts in mind.
They bolt directly in place of the stock calipers. The red color is a nice touch and stands out behind the wheels.
It has premium silicone lubrication offering smoother operation. The calipers have been inspected for safety and quality.
They are pressure tested for preventing leaks. It comes with a high-temperature EPDM that ensures durability.
- Pressure tests prevent leaks
- Resistant to corrosion
- Easy to clean
- High-temperature EPDM rubbers extend the life
- Not as durable as other products
Buying Factors of Best Brake Pads for Ford F150 4×4
It takes little talent to drive a car. You just must mash the accelerator to the floor. However, the same cannot be said about stopping, especially if the truck has worn out brake pads.
Braking distance will dramatically increase if you drive with worn-out brake pads.
Every inch of braking distance is important. Hence, you must make sure that the car or truck’s braking pad is healthy.
Choosing the best brake pads for Ford F150 4×4depends on various factors.
Buying the most expensive brake doesn’t primarily mean you are getting the right fit for your car.
Here are a few factors you need to consider getting the best braking pad for your Ford F150 4×4.
There are mainly four different types of brake pads to choose from.
- Ceramic: It is the latest and the most expensive braking pad. Ceramic products have excellent stopping power, quieter operations, low brake dust, and great longevity. In case you often drive in adverse weather conditions or on the highway, you should opt for this material.
- Fully Metallic: The full-metal pads are strong and reliable. Since it is only made of metal, it has a superior stopping capability. Thus, it is perfect for rough street drives. Nonetheless, the metal can wear the rotors much easily than other materials.
- Semi–Metallic: These brakes are a combination of non-metals and metals. It consists of 30%-60% metal materials, including steel, copper, and iron. The last part is made of a mineral filter that serves as the binding agent. They usually come with heat dissipation but can be dustier and nosier than ceramic pads.
- Non-Asbestos Organic Pads: The braking pads are created out of organic material. Hence, they are much environmental-friendly than the material listed above. The good thing about the material is it is soft. So, it is easier on the brake discs and rotors. Nevertheless, it might wear out more quickly and can be dusty.
Application and Installation
It is one of the most important factors that will help in deciding if a certain brake pad is the right choice for your Ford F150 4×4.
Since the best products are the ones that are most compatible with your card, you should choose based on the driving style.
For instance, if you often drive on the highway, invest in ceramic brake pads.
Also, the product you are choosing should have a straightforward installation process.
So, the break set should come with the needed accessories, such as a guide, tools, and hardware.
The operating temperature decides the brake’s performance and durability. It’s also related to the engine’s durability. Surely, a top-quality car brake has the best operating temperature.
The average brake temperature is up to 392 degrees Fahrenheit. But the average temperature of the rotor and pad can increase up to 1000 degrees Fahrenheit.
Dust Build-Up and Noise Level
Worn-out and old brakes and make an annoying and weird squealing sound.
Nevertheless, some new brakes might also make the same noise. So, you must make sure that you don’t choose these brakes for your truck.
Like we have already said, ceramic is the most noise-free material. While fully metallic is the noisiest.
Also, different brands can make different noise levels. It is primarily because the manufacturer uses unique technology for their products.
Dust build-up is another factor you need to consider when you choose the best brake pads for your Ford F150.
Many don’t have the time to clean their brake dust. In that case, they should invest in ceramic brake pads.
Other materials are dustier than ceramic brake pads. Getting those means, you will have to clean regularly.
If you don’t, the brake can get stuck leading to dangerous outcomes while driving.
Since there are different types of brake pads, you must consider what the purpose of your Ford F150 4×4 is.
- Racing: You will need high-performance brakes for racing. These are semi-metallic types with heavy-duty applications and can handle high temperatures. In our list, we have primarily included ceramic brake pads, but they are hardly designed for racing.
- Hauling and Towing: For these, you will need high-performing products. Ceramic pads with carbon fibers can be an ideal choice for hauling and towing applications. But make sure you check the pad’s thickness before buying. Semi-metallic brake pads are the best for towing applications.
- Everyday Commute: If you must drive your truck daily to commute to the city, you should consider organic or ceramic brake pads. These materials are quiet and smooth.
- Off-Road Driving: When users drive off-road trails, it is crucial to look for high-performing brakes that are resistant to dust. Again, a ceramic and carbon fiber combination can be a good choice in this case.
Must Know Before Buying Best Brake Pads For F150 (FAQs)
Is It Easy to Change Brake Pads?
In case you know your way around the vehicle and all its parts then upgrading brake pads is one of the easier jobs.
All you must do is ensure that you have the right tools to install the best brake pads for Ford F150 4×4.
The whole process will not take more than an hour. But if you are nervous about doing it all by yourself, you should leave it to the professionals.
Remember, you might have to pay a few hundred dollars as labor cost.
How Do Brake Pads Function?
The brake pad system has a brake pad and caliper on either side. You will find the rotor edge sitting between the caliper and it spins when the truck moves.
When the driver applies pressure to the brake, the rotor is squeezed by the caliper until it stops. It brings the car to stop.
Every brake pad comes with friction material on its edge. These rough edges meet the rotor and make the caliper to be gripped tightly.
Do Ceramic Brake Pads Cause Rotors to Wear Out Faster?
Ceramic brake pads are durable. Unfortunately, they can wear out rotors faster than other brake pads.
In case you live in a cold region, it is better to avoid ceramic brake pads.
How to Know it is Time to Replace the Brake Pads?
You will notice some signs that indicate it is time to replace the brake pads. For instance, if you hear screeching or squeaking noises, it is the first hint that your brake pad has worn out.
You might also notice some grinding and growling. The indicator lights also alert you about an update. Keep a lookout for these signs.
Are Front Brake Pads Universal?
No, front brake pads are not universal and differ a little. Check for R or L imprints to make sure you are putting them on the right side.
In the same way, the rear and front are different. So, make sure that you are ordering the right kit.
Should You Renew Rotor with Every Brake Pad Change?
It primarily depends on the condition of the existing one. In case you have used the vehicle aggressively, there is a chance the rotor has become warped, gouged, or grooved.
These things prevent the perfect contact needed for reliable and smoother braking.
We recommend you replace them with new brake pads for consistent performance. Don’t forget to use grease on the surface of the brake pads.
Which is Better Aftermarket Brake Pads or OEM Brake Pads?
The OEM brake pads are added to products that are based on stopping ability, noise, wear, etc.
Here, the primary reason is to keep the car running for a long time. But aftermarket brake pads are ideal for those who prefer off-road rides.
Are Drilled Brake Rotors Better?
Yes, all drilled rotors in brake pads are better for various reasons. For starters, its weight plays a significant role.
The drilled disks are lightweight. A performance upgrade usually increases the weight and thus, the inertia of a brake element.
But drilled rotors weigh considerably less. Hence, nothing can make it heavier. As a matter of fact, it is quite the opposite.
The next reason is brake fade. With drilled rotors, you can enjoy lesser brake fade.
Also, it reduces hot spot occurrences on the rotor surface. This leads to uneven wear. So, rotor fade from an unexpected negative G-force gets reduced.
What is a Shim?
Shim is thin rubber layers sitting between the rotor and the pad that fills out the uneven surfaces. It prevents the rotors and pads from rubbing against each other. This leads to squealing brake noise.
To enjoy the superb stopping performance of your truck, you must get the best brake pad for Ford F150 4×4.
While driving it is important that you know that your truck will come to a halt whenever you apply the brake. And a brake pad upgrade ensures that.
With our comprehensive guide, we are confident you will be able to make the right choice.
We know finding the right brake pad is challenging. So, we did extensive research to find the best for you.
Don’t wait until the brake fails. Once the brake pads start showing signs, like squeaking noises or rust, change them.