Share This Article
Are you trying to find a way on how to clean Jeep soft top windows on your own? Then you’ll finally be able to clean up that old and faded soft top window.
We get it. It’s annoying how the soft top windows get faded over time. And of course, it ruins the aesthetic of the Jeep.
But don’t worry. Even if they look terrible, we’ll walk you through all the steps required.
By the time you finish going through all the steps, you should now be able to see through the windows!
DIY Guide: How To Clean Soft Top Windows
Say goodbye to those old and foggy soft top windows! With our professional help, the faded soft top windows will be long gone.
We’ll go through a couple of steps to bring the soft top windows back to life. Don’t worry; the steps are super easy to follow along.
It won’t take much time either. Even if it’s your first time, you should be able to get it done within 20 minutes at most.
Without any further ado, here is everything you need to fix faded and foggy soft top windows:
What You’ll Need
Soft top windows are super easy to scratch. Even if you mess up just a little bit, you’re pretty much done for.
Don’t worry, though. For this job, you’ll need a couple of things. You don’t need much for this process. Here is what you’ll need to clean soft top windows:
- Get a bucket and fill it up with warm water
- Soap—you’ll mix both water and soap to clean the windows
- A microfiber towel—you want to use a microfiber towel to prevent any scratches that a rag could leave
- Sprayer—once you’ve mixed up the water and the soap, you’ll need a sprayer to fill it up. It’ll make this job a lot easier
Once you have gathered all these tools—you’re ready to take on this simple job.
1. Mix It Up
How do you clean Jeep soft top windows? So, first and foremost, you want to mix both the soap and the water.
By doing this, we’ll create a robust solution capable of removing the dirt that has caught up on the windows.
Don’t worry; it won’t damage the windows. Before you get started, we recommend cleaning the soft top windows in a pretty mild climate.
You don’t want to clean the windows when it’s cold outside, nor do you want to do this under the sunlight.
Instead, clean the windows inside a warm garage. That said, follow these steps to clean the windows:
- Get a bucket, and proceed to fill it up with warm water.
- Now, you want to add soap to it. Give it a good stir until you see bubbles.
- Next, you need to fill the sprayer up with the soapy water you just made.
As we explained earlier, the sprayer will make your job a lot easier.
You’ll be able to apply just the right amount of the solution you just made with the sprayer.
However, if you don’t have a sprayer on hand, you’ll get by just fine without it—so don’t worry.
2. Spray The Window Down
So, we’ve made a lot of progress so far—we got the solution out of the way. Next, you need to spray down the windows. Here is how you can do this:
- Spray all the windows you want to clean. Make sure to cover the whole window.
- Once the windows are wet enough, proceed to use the microfiber towel. Dab the windows—be careful, though. You don’t want to apply too much pressure.
- The microfiber towel will suck up all the water, just like a sponge. Now gently squeeze the microfiber towel with your hands.
- Spray all the windows again. Keep spraying on the window until it is soaking wet.
- Once again, you want to dab the windows. You could rub the towel against the windows. But if you apply too much pressure, you will damage the soft top window. Now let the windows dr.
And that’s pretty much it. As you can see, it barely takes any effort. You might spend some time mixing the water and soap, but that’s about it.
Looking for a video on how you can clean the Jeep soft top windows? If so, watch this excellent video that covers everything you need to know:
DIY Guide: Best Way To Protect Jeep Soft Top Windows
Now that you’ve successfully cleaned your foggy windows, you probably want to learn how you can keep them clean no matter what.
And you obviously have a reason for that—foggy windows ruin the appearance of your Jeep.
Regardless of how damaged the windows are, here are the steps you must follow to protect and clean the windows:
What You Will Need
- A plastic cleaner—it doesn’t matter which brand you get it from; as long as it gets the job done, you’re pretty much done
- A microfiber towel—you will need the towel to apply the plastic cleaner onto the surface
- A hose or a bucket—the hose will come in handy as you need to spray the top with water. However, filling a bucket up with water will lead to the same results. So, don’t worry if you don’t have a hose
- Car wash shampoo—to clean the top of your Jeep, you need shampoo. The shampoo will get rid of the dirt, and it will give your vehicle a brand new look
Those are all the tools required for this job. You don’t need much for this, though.
3. Clean The Top Of Your Jeep
What is the best way on how to wash Jeep soft top windows? We suggest cleaning the top of your vehicle before cleaning the soft top windows.
In practice, this will make the cleaning process less tedious, and overall, you’ll spend less time.
Also, since you’re at it, why not clean the top as well? Follow these steps to achieve the best results:
- Get on top of the wheels to reach the top. Be careful, though. You don’t want to hold onto anything that you could break. Instead, you could use a ladder if that sounds better for you.
- Use car wash shampoo to clean the stop. Add a little bit to the top, and then add water to rinse it off
- When working by hand, use the stiff-bristled brush to spread out all the solutions you’ve created from mixing both water and the car wash shampoo.
- Work on one single area at a time. This way, you’ll be able to neutralize any stain or dirt you find on your way. Keep doing this until you’ve gotten rid of all the stains on top of the Jeep.
- Next, you need to get rid of the solution. So, use your hose and spray water all over the top area.
- As the water runs down from the top of your vehicle, you want to use a microfiber towel to wipe off the water.
- Leave it clean and dry. Leaving the water running down from the top might cause mold to grow on top of it—so make sure to wipe off the water.
Cleaning the top of the Jeep takes more time than cleaning the windows.
You need to get on the wheels, and sometimes you might find it hard to get to certain areas.
Regardless, this process should be done if you want to have a clean vehicle.
4. Apply The Plastic Cleaner
Here is the easy part: you need to apply the plastic cleaner to protect the soft top window.
This part is easy as it does not require much effort compared to the previous steps. To apply the plastic cleaner, follow these steps:
- Shake the plastic cleaner well. Dampen the towel using the plastic cleaner. Dab the soft top windows.
- You want to work on one section at a time—do not rush it. Take as much time as needed. Do not apply too much pressure in the process; you don’t want to scratch the windows
- Now use a fresh and clean microfiber towel to wipe off the residue. You must do this process before it even has the chance to dry
The best way to keep the soft top windows in great shape is to maintain them regularly.
Right from the start, you always want to keep an eye on them just to make sure they’re still looking great.
DIY Guide: How To Restore Scratched Soft Top Windows For Jeep
So far, we’ve only covered how to clean and protect the windows. But if what if you want to have your windows in peak condition? Well, then this guide is for you.
If you’ve been driving non-stop, the window probably picked up some scuffs as well as scratches.
And as you know, merely using soapy water will not be of any help for the soft top windows.
What You’ll Need
For this process, we’ll need quite a few cleaners. However, you might not need to get all of them depending on what the window looks like. Either way, here are the cleaners you will need:
- A microfiber towel—the best way to clean and restore scratched windows is by using a microfiber towel. They are soft, and most importantly, they won’t damage the windows If done properly
- Novus polish kit—we strongly suggest using the polish kit from Novus. It comes with three powerful cleaner that you will need throughout this process
- Soapy water—you will need soapy water to clean the windows. Then, you’ll use the polish kit from Novus
- A bucket—the bucket is the container you’ll fill up with soapy water
- A drill and a mother power ball—the best way to apply the Novus polish kit is by using a mother power ball. Alternatively, you could use a clean microfiber towel
Those are all the tools required for the restoration of your windows. Remember, If you don’t have a drill.
You could use a clean microfiber towel. However, it takes more time that way—so bear that in mind.
5. Start With The Top Of The Jeep
The first step that you want to do is clean the top of your Jeep. This way, you can slowly work your way to the windows.
Follow these steps to learn how you can clean the top on your own:
- Connect the hose to the tap. Now, stretch the hose in a linear line. Turn the tab on.
- Now make sure the water coming from the hose is hitting the top of the Jeep. If you can’t reach the top, get on the wheels of the vehicle.
- Start off by rubbing the top using a stiff-bristled brush. Make sure to hit every single spot on the top of the Jeep. Keep doing this until there is no dirt left on the top.
This process will eliminate all the dust and mud that has built up on top of the Jeep.
You can skip this process. However, cleaning the top first will make things easier as water runs down.
You could also use a bucket, fill it up with water, and then use it as a hose.
6. Dry The Top With a Microf Towel
To prevent mold from growing on top of your Jeep, you want to dry the Jeep as soon as possible.
If you simply leave it in your garage, the garage could get all damp, which might lead to mold growing on your Jeep. So, to get the moisture out, follow these steps:
- The best way to clean Jeep soft top windows is to use a clean microfiber towel. You don’t want to leave any residue as you wipe off the top
- Get on the wheels to reach the top of your Jeep
- Next, press the microfiber towel against the top of the vehicle
- Rub it back and forth to dry the entire area
- You don’t want to leave any water on top of your vehicle
This process is more than enough to prevent mold from growing.
You’d be surprised by the amount of damage moisture can do to your vehicle if you let it make its way onto your Jeep.
7. Apply The Soapy Water
Before you attempt to apply any of the cleaners from Novus—you need to use soapy water.
This way, the Novus cleaners will have an easier time doing their job on the windows. Follow the steps down below:
- Fill up the bucket with soapy water
- Next, you want to dampen the microfiber towel
- Do not rub the microfiber towel back and forth on the window. Instead, you want to dab the windows
- Work your way through the windows; you do not want to rush this process. Let it be
- Once you’ve successfully covered all the windows you want to restore, you want to use a clean microfiber towel to clean and suck up all the water
And that’s it for the first stage. Next, you’ll have to use the stage three cleaner.
8. Apply The Novus Stage Three Cleaner
Once you have cleaned the soft top windows using soapy water, then you’re ready to apply the Novus stage three cleaner.
We’ll be using the other two cleaners in the next sections. But first, we need to get the third one out of the way. Follow these steps for the cleaning process:
- Add some cleaner to the mother power ball
- Set the speed to slow. You don’t want to set the drill to high speed. You want to work your way through the windows using the drill slowly.
- Now spread it out on all the windows you want to clean. From there, you want to use the microfiber towel and clean the windows.
- This job takes some time to complete. Depending on how bad the window is, you might need to do several passes until it looks good.
Those are all the steps required for stage three cleaner. In the next section, we’ll cover how you can use the second cleaner.
9. Apply The Novus Stage Two Cleaner
By now, the windows should look way better than before. But there are still scratches to be removed; you need to use stage two cleaner, which we’ll be doing in this section. Here are the steps you must follow:
- Just like before, add stage two cleaner to the mother power ball.
- Gently rub the mother’s power ball against the window. Do not set the drill to high speed; you want to keep a slow yet sturdy speed to remove the scratches. Keep rubbing the mother’s power ball against the window several times.
- Next, you need to clean the surface using a clean microfiber towel. Depending on the window, you might have to go through the same process again.
Now that you have applied the stage two cleaner from Novus, the windows should be in better shape by now. However, there might still be some work left to do. Don’t worry, though. The stage one cleaner should be able to take care of the rest.
10. Apply The Novus Stage One Cleaner
And now, this is the final step for the restoration of the windows.
The first cleaner will help you restore the appearance of your windows. Just like before, the process is pretty similar. Follow these steps for more information:
- Add the scratch remover to the mother power ball. Gently dab the windows using the mother power ball.
- Once again, do not apply too much pressure when using the drill. Also, you want to keep a steady speed throughout the process.
- Keep doing this a couple of times until you have successfully gone through all the windows a few times. Now, grab the microfiber towel and wipe off the cleaner.
- If you notice that the windows still need some work, you want to go through the same process as explained above.
And now you’re done. As you can see, the cleaning process does take some time.
But it’s worth every single second. Your windows should now be in great shape, just like the first day you bought your beautiful Jeep.
If you want to watch a video that explains all the steps we just went through, we suggest giving this video a try:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do you need a little bit more guidance cleaning the Jeep soft top windows?
Then this section is for you. Here, you’ll find three commonly asked questions about the soft top windows for the Jeep:
How do you clean cloudy soft top windows?
Here is the best way to get rid of cloudy windows:
- Get a bucket and fill it up with warm water
- Next, you want to add soap to the warm water
- Stir it up
- Dampen your microfiber towel
- From there, you want to use the microfiber towel and rub it against the cloudy windows
- And finally, use a clean microfiber towel to wipe off the rest
Can you use Windex on Jeep soft top windows?
You’ve probably thought about using Windex to clean your dirty windows.
After all, it is a glass cleaner. However, we do not suggest using Windex under any circumstances.
You will only damage the soft top windows if you use Windex.
How can I make my Jeep soft top look new?
There are several ways in which you can restore the Jeep soft top windows.
You could either use soapy water and a microfiber towel to get rid of the dirt that might have caught up on the windows.
Or, you could use polish cleaners from Novus. If the windows are in bad shape, we suggest the latter.
As you can see, the process behind learning how to clean Jeep soft top windows is pretty straightforward, and it barely times any time out of your day.
And if you want to prevent the windows from getting all foggy, all you need to do is keep a tight schedule for cleaning the windows.
As long as you stick to that schedule, your windows will look great at all times.
If soapy water was not enough to clean the windows, we suggest using Novus’s cleaners.
Those cleaners will do the trick for you if you want to remove scratches.